"dazzle gradually"

"Dazzle Gradually" 2017 poems, paintings, new art & photography--a diary, a discipline, a delight. Read over my shoulder as I post my unedited poetry ---you can see it in the raw or get my first book and see how the work evolves with new books rolling out next year.


Polly Alice

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Things I Have Stolen

These are the things I stole:
the frozen chicken out of Barb’s freezer,
blueberries for Emma,
Nanna’s and Gramp’s old tools,
your mother’s samples from the jeweler,
blue jeans, but I gave them away again,
a photo of my Native American ancestor,
an entire train,
great-grandma's jewels out of a coffee can,
odds and ends from strangers who chain-smoked,
a brown paper sack,
and when I looked for the bag
it had evaporated, because I may be the only
kleptomaniac who steals in my sleep.
As for the things I stole while awake,
they are too many to mention.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here.