"dazzle gradually"

"Dazzle Gradually" 2016 poems, paintings, new art & photography--a diary, a discipline, a delight. Read over my shoulder as I post my unedited poetry ---you can see it in the raw.


Polly Alice

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Letter to My Navy Blue Sock


Letter to My Navy Blue Sock

Dear Sock,
You’re here again without
a navy kindred twin
How long have you lain here alone?
a year or even two

Perhaps a day in my leather clog
will jog your memory:
a cycle through the
washer,
dryer,
laundry baskets,
and a perilous trip up stairs that squeak
onto the new quilt,
 fish eyed to the air
of my robins egg blue room
will cause you to summon her
from the unknown?

I will wear you on this mismatched
day, defying anyone who dares to stop
my mission to save you from
life inside your drawer.

~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here.