"dazzle gradually"

"Dazzle Gradually" 2017 poems, paintings, new art & photography--a diary, a discipline, a delight. Read over my shoulder as I post my unedited poetry ---you can see it in the raw or get my first book and see how the work evolves with new books rolling out next year.


Polly Alice

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Under the Stars

Under

The night canopy,
my darkening quilt of pin pricked suns--

white, blue, black.

The mud, a trees height below
cooling with dusk dew--

red, earth, dirt.

The deck,
boards lashed tight spinning
their way over a Milky river of stars--

gray, midnight, white.

Grandpa’s sleeping bag,
a soft beast radiating dark heat--

brown, yellow, gold.

Mosquito spots,
stars without number--

red, pink, red.

The price of another delicious night
out of bed.

~




1 comment:

Please leave your comments here.