"dazzle gradually"

"Dazzle Gradually" 2017 poems, paintings, new art & photography--a diary, a discipline, a delight. Read over my shoulder as I post my unedited poetry ---you can see it in the raw or get my first book and see how the work evolves with new books rolling out next year.


Polly Alice

Monday, March 29, 2010

Baby peek-a-boo games


I'm gonna catch a monkey
ee ee oo
I'm gonna catch a monkey
ee ee oo
I'm gonna catch a monkey
ee ee oo
I've caught a monkey
and it's you!

Slippery, sloppery banana
      I've caught you!
dipperty, dopperty banana   
     I've caught you!
flippity, floppity banana
    I've caught you!
Now don't fall down.
No, don't fall down.

Patty-cake, patty cake,
Diaper man.
I'm changin' your diaper as fast as I can.
Roll it up,
and throw it in the can!
Now your done
and that's the end.

It's alright, it's okay.
Things won't always be this way.
It's alright, it's okay.
Everything is fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here.