"dazzle gradually"

"Dazzle Gradually" 2017 poems, paintings, new art & photography--a diary, a discipline, a delight. Read over my shoulder as I post my unedited poetry ---you can see it in the raw or get my first book and see how the work evolves with new books rolling out next year.


Polly Alice

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Black Bird Jive

Below is a section of my board book set for infants about crows.  I can't wait to see this in print.  It's fun to say aloud, and it will be great for babies to chew on--the first step in learning to read.  The other two books are Rainbow Crow and Counting Crow.

Part II:  Black Bird Jive

I am a black bird
gackle, gackle, geck.

My name is Grackle
hop, hop, peck.

Hop with me
stamp, stamp, stomp.

Sing it again,
the fun won’t stop.

Flap your wings
swip, swap, swee

Come back again,
and sing with me.

~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here.