"dazzle gradually"

"Dazzle Gradually" 2016 poems, paintings, new art & photography--a diary, a discipline, a delight. Read over my shoulder as I post my unedited poetry ---you can see it in the raw.


Polly Alice

Friday, March 12, 2010

Forty-nine cents for sixteen limes


Forty-nine cents for sixteen limes
enough to make a pie and more,
a cold pitcher of limeade for
my sister and her best friend,
my two brothers and their kin,
my mother and ol' father too
--enough to marinate steaks
for the whole crew!
Forty-nine cents for sixteen limes
baby will suck on a hard green rind
I will save the precious zest
I’ll juice each lime until it’s best
and you, my love,
can do the rest.
Just twist it on the juicer so
and stop before it overflows
Forty-nine cents for sixteen limes?
Grab them, Doll, and get in line.



 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here.