"dazzle gradually"

"Dazzle Gradually" 2016 poems, paintings, new art & photography--a diary, a discipline, a delight. Read over my shoulder as I post my unedited poetry ---you can see it in the raw.


Polly Alice

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Quilted Rose

A Dozen Roses: Beautiful Quilts and Pillows (That Patchwork Place)
My daughter may be the only girl who changed her name at age two.  On hearing another girl's middle name was Rose, she promptly incorperated it into her own.  Now she is a princess with five names instead of the traditional three.

Quilted Rose

This rose is so beautiful, if it were
a real rose, I’d put it in my hair,
and I’d be beautiful.  I’d wear a long dress.

I remember when you made quilts like this
at the church, I would hide underneath
from all the women, and pretend it was a tent.

I would see the needle pull through, but
Mama, all I saw was your needle.






~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here.