"dazzle gradually"

"Dazzle Gradually" 2016 poems, paintings, new art & photography--a diary, a discipline, a delight. Read over my shoulder as I post my unedited poetry ---you can see it in the raw.


Polly Alice

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Six Word Memoirs

I Can't Keep My Own Secrets: Six-Word Memoirs by Teens Famous & ObscureTo my friends who write for young adults, Six Word Memoirs edited by Smith magazine, may be the best way to know what the lives of your teen audience are all about.  These books have become quite popular with a handful of editions available at your library or local book store.  Six word memoirs are fun to write, and may reveal more about you than several essays and blogs put together.  Here a few of mine, because I'm not sure which one is best.  Meaning, I really couldn't get down to six words.
Our new Northland Poetry Group met last night at Boardwalk Library.  We will be meeting the first Tuesday of every month.  We did quite a few of these little gems.

  • Make art; can’t give it away.
  • It All Changed in an Instant: More Six-Word Memoirs by Writers Famous & ObscureInside my snail shell it’s pink.
  • Words can’t express my visions within.
  • Gardner with seeds; not enough dirt.
  • Stopped believing in fairies around 25.
  • Ancient farmer stuck in modern city.
  • Traveler will hitch ride to anywhere.


1 comment:

Please leave your comments here.