"dazzle gradually"

"Dazzle Gradually" 2017 poems, paintings, new art & photography--a diary, a discipline, a delight. Read over my shoulder as I post my unedited poetry ---you can see it in the raw or get my first book and see how the work evolves with new books rolling out next year.


Polly Alice

Monday, April 26, 2010

A dream landscape poem is kind of like a surrealist painting: images grouped together to form a new, impossible story.  I'm doing research on dream images for my thesis in writing for children.  So far, Maurice Sendak is my favorite writer who does this well.

Dream Landscape

I painted a pink tree for you
on a blue field of corn.
I'm sorry that it's gone
now forever.
Don't worry,
paint is cheap.
I can brush in
a world of star fruit
and night shine
where water
is any color
you wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here.