"dazzle gradually"

"Dazzle Gradually" 2017 poems, paintings, new art & photography--a diary, a discipline, a delight. Read over my shoulder as I post my unedited poetry ---you can see it in the raw or get my first book and see how the work evolves with new books rolling out next year.


Polly Alice

Thursday, April 29, 2010

I found my locker


In my dream I'm always
back in high school.
I'm about to fail Physics
then I can't graduate.
I've skipped every single class
all year.
I know nothing,
and there is a test coming,
or maybe I've already missed it?

I can't find my locker because
I've never used it,
and that is where the fateful
Physics and Math books are located.
Somehow if I don't graduate
all my life in the future will be erased,
and I will be stuck back
here in highschool trying to
graduate--so I must find my locker,
but school is out and it
is too late...

Today I dreamt
that my Catholic friend showed me my locker.
It was easy to find because
someone left a light on inside,
I can see it glowing through
the cracks.
There is a secret button to
open it.  Ahhh. 
I always knew that girl
was smart, even smarter than her twin
sister.
Inside are five textbooks,
the ones I've looked for in
dozens of dreams.

Wait there is
a hidden panel!
An entire little room---
What's in there?
My old jacket,
a child's rocking chair,
some old burnt up things.
It's time to go to class,
I'll just leave the light on
in this room,
so I can find this locker again.

Here's the classroom.
Wait there is a sub.
And it's not Physics,
it's Literature.

If there's anything I can fake
after not attending class all
year it's this.
I'm saved.

This will be easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here.