"dazzle gradually"

"Dazzle Gradually" 2017 poems, paintings, new art & photography--a diary, a discipline, a delight. Read over my shoulder as I post my unedited poetry ---you can see it in the raw or get my first book and see how the work evolves with new books rolling out next year.


Polly Alice

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Tulips are weird

Tulips are weird--
bulbs on stalks
discreet egg cups,
but before they're spent
they open wide
a black and yellow hexagon inside.
An eye from outer space,
a stop sign from another race?
A beacon for every bee that says
please party here...
Tuplips are weird
rather wild and strange.
An annual
announcement of
animal passion
power
trapped inside
a flower.

photo by Ulybug by wikimedia.org via Flikr.com

1 comment:

  1. I love this. And if, as we always assumed, the tulip is my soul-flower, I appreciate being weird and unexpected. Who wouldn't?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments here.