"dazzle gradually"

"Dazzle Gradually" 2016 poems, paintings, new art & photography--a diary, a discipline, a delight. Read over my shoulder as I post my unedited poetry ---you can see it in the raw.


Polly Alice

Monday, May 3, 2010

Angel Seed

Seed of Fire is the name of my second book of poetry.  This work in progress has only begun to incubate, but the title explains why readers may be thinking, "Doesn't she ever write about anything other than seeds?"

Angel Seed

A mapel seed with wings
lazily swings.
a spinny zig-zag flight.
landing gently, nose down tight.
An arrow rightly placed just so,
could not take better aim to sprout and grow.
A million flew down this hour,
suburban Silver Maple power shower,
like yellow manna from the sky
I can't help but wonder why
I couldn't just snack on a few
like my red squirrel friends do..
They sure look sweet and tasty...
eww.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here.