"dazzle gradually"

"Dazzle Gradually" 2016 poems, paintings, new art & photography--a diary, a discipline, a delight. Read over my shoulder as I post my unedited poetry ---you can see it in the raw.


Polly Alice

Friday, May 21, 2010

Blue Jay--not another bird poem

I've found that having morning sickness day and night for weeks on end, is the best way to ensure I have no poetic thoughts at all.  And the tenth poem composed about birds in my back yard--in rhyme--really can't be written here for the sake of my own pride.  So that leaves me with nothing for blog readers to read.
Digging down into an old poetry journal, I've found this gem and expanded it for you.

They look like little diamond-shaped leaves to you.
I know they are eggplants-- baby egg plants.
In the stiff invisible air
they tremble in plastic yogert cups
and styrofoam cases
with an eggplant fantasy
you and I can
only
imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here.