"dazzle gradually"

"Dazzle Gradually" 2017 poems, paintings, new art & photography--a diary, a discipline, a delight. Read over my shoulder as I post my unedited poetry ---you can see it in the raw or get my first book and see how the work evolves with new books rolling out next year.


Polly Alice

Sunday, May 16, 2010

My Seoul is dying

My Seoul is dying,
I don’t know why.
I put it in a little bowl
I’ve fed it everything I know,
but my Seoul is dying.

I tried salt water, spring,
distilled, and those little drops
which are supposed to help,
but my Seoul is dying.

I tried gold fish food,
dried pieces of shrimp,
exotic fish pellets,
and little chips,
but my Seoul is dying.

I tried a bigger bowl,
a ceramic castle,
and a live sea snail,
but my Seoul is dying.

I tried Christian music,
and rock ‘n roll,
but my Seoul is dying.

I told him I loved ‘im
and I started crying,
but my Seoul is dying.

If you got any directions
on how to take care of a Seoul,
let me know,
‘cause . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here.