"dazzle gradually"

"Dazzle Gradually" 2016 poems, paintings, new art & photography--a diary, a discipline, a delight. Read over my shoulder as I post my unedited poetry ---you can see it in the raw.


Polly Alice

Thursday, June 3, 2010

cream filling

Or Morning Sickness part II.
What is inside the cream filling
of....say, an oatmeal cream pie?
Please don't guess sugar and butter.

No, this is a sparkling
concoction of clouds, dust
and minerals mined from the earth.

Some say in the ages
before prenatal vitamins
a pregnant woman might
crave dirt or even eat it
to gleam some missing minerals
from her diet.

I haven't eaten dirt yet,but who needs
to? I can buy a hostess "ding-dong"
instead.  Full of minerals
no one would ever guess edible.

One per pregnancy will do, or
maybe two.  Because as you
might guess the prenatal vitamins...
just come up like the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here.