Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Morning Sickness V
Thank you for all the supportive comments I received about my list poem, "Making Spaghetti." I really had no idea that so many mothers’ felt the same way or that people would find it very funny.
11. Walk around upper track for 1/4 mile and observe kids in daycare below
13. Rescue both children
15. Decide against it.
17. Wonder why baby won't eat lunch or even let you spoon-feed him soup?
25. Agree to bring him in right away
37. Get back in car and find cell phone in purse.
40. Swipe target card twice.
43. Turn around back to kids at soda fountain.
48. Don't think about how you are a messy haired, sweaty, work-out clothes wearing glob, with blue slushy, pavement muck, and baby snot all over your shirt while you pick out father's day cards. Decide not to eat sandwhich while shopping in store to further make a scene. Let baby eat popcorn all over the store.
49. Target does not carry lasagna noodles.
50. Pick up husband. Go home. Collapse on couch while husband makes mac 'n cheese. Take that shower. You deserve a treat.
Labels: mother poetry