"dazzle gradually"

"Dazzle Gradually" 2017 poems, paintings, new art & photography--a diary, a discipline, a delight. Read over my shoulder as I post my unedited poetry ---you can see it in the raw or get my first book and see how the work evolves with new books rolling out next year.


Polly Alice

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Sunglasses

Don't fret about yesterday's poem.  Today I have the lasagne noodles, the kids are at pre-school and everything is going to be great I can just feel it.  So today's poem is about sunglasses.

Sunglasses

Sunglasses keep the sun out of your eyes while driving a car,
walking the baby, or hanging out around the yard.
They are protective gear for the electronic weed wacker
and it's smacking rip roaring huger for green.
Sunglasses with sparkles act in place of jewelry
when you are low on bling.
Sunglasses are easy to break and easy to replace.
They keep your hair back better than an Alice band.
They make you cool like your from Star land.
Stocking up on sunglasses are my new favorite thing,
and I can't just lose one,
like all my half sets of earrings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here.