"dazzle gradually"

"Dazzle Gradually" 2017 poems, paintings, new art & photography--a diary, a discipline, a delight. Read over my shoulder as I post my unedited poetry ---you can see it in the raw or get my first book and see how the work evolves with new books rolling out next year.


Polly Alice

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Songs we sing

Songs we sing at home:

"Vacation"  Try singing this
while on vacation-  it's more like
a cheer.  No matter
how much you aren't into it,
by the time you scream
"cake," you feel ready to roll.

Vacation, Vacation,
We finally get
a BREAK!

Vacation, Vacation,
now how about
some CAKE!

Lullaby:

This version of "Rock-a-bye, Baby" is about
letting go and trusting...

Rock-a-bye, Baby
in the tree top.
When the wind blows,
the cradle will rock.
When the bow breaks,
the cradle breaks free.
God Bless Baby,
Baby and me.

Rock-a-bye, Baby
in the tree top.
When the wind blows,
the cradle will rock.
When the bow swings
the cradle will fly--
Fly away Baby,
Baby and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here.