"dazzle gradually"

"Dazzle Gradually" 2016 poems, paintings, new art & photography--a diary, a discipline, a delight. Read over my shoulder as I post my unedited poetry ---you can see it in the raw.


Polly Alice

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Thimble full

I wear her thimble
on my finger when I sew.
It fits perfectly.

I make her crock pot spaghetti,
the kind that’s too juicy, and hardly red,
then eat it off her old plates.

I hum her same note at the end of a
laugh, because I too
really don’t know what to say.

It’s her ahh we all sigh
at the end of our belly
laughs that die slowly away.

Her star is at the top of my tree.
I sleep in her bed,
set my porcelain doll on her dresser
exactly where hers towered
above my head.

Someday I will plant a cherry tree
like she did.  I will show my
granddaughter how to
find the good ones,
and how to spot the worms.

I will make coffee, eggs,
toast, bacon—all
on the same morning

I am not her, I am not her,
and she is near by
but it won't ever be the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here.