"dazzle gradually"

"Dazzle Gradually" 2016 poems, paintings, new art & photography--a diary, a discipline, a delight. Read over my shoulder as I post my unedited poetry ---you can see it in the raw.


Polly Alice

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

To my Daughter


You left some fairy footprints for us
on your way to Heaven.
You held us briefly,
walked us to the end
of a dark shadow, and
flew away into the light.

You pulled our eyes
to the weave of the curtain,
invited us to peak into
the invisible.
We saw inside the seam,
visited a place between,
you helped us imagine
Heaven.

You remind us
that life is all about joy,
laughter, smiles,

love.

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous honey. Love you and your family so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I was watching a tv show recently where the character was described as taking his pain and making it into something tangible and beautiful to make other people better. I can think of no better way to describe this poem, as I feel like what you've done with describing your experience brings me closer to the Father's heart.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments here.