"dazzle gradually"

"Dazzle Gradually" 2016 poems, paintings, new art & photography--a diary, a discipline, a delight. Read over my shoulder as I post my unedited poetry ---you can see it in the raw.


Polly Alice

Monday, August 30, 2010

Kenny's Window

Dear Kenny,
Thanks for working so hard to
Kenny's Windowfind the answers to my seven
questions.
You were steller-- getting the questions              
back to your world on paper was
the most impressive thing I've ever seen
a dreamer do, especially one so young.
And you were tireless-- interviewing
goats, toy soldiers, your pet dog,
Baby, your teddy bear, Bucky.
You were a trooper, and then
you decided not to to come
and live in my dream garden after all.
That's okay, I understand.  You
have things to do, and wishes to make
come true.  I know one other
secret too I didn't tell you.
The more you dream, the bigger
the garden gets, and we'll meet again
there someday in the end
when night turns to day.

Take care,
your friend,
the dream chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here.