"dazzle gradually"

"Dazzle Gradually" 2017 poems, paintings, new art & photography--a diary, a discipline, a delight. Read over my shoulder as I post my unedited poetry ---you can see it in the raw or get my first book and see how the work evolves with new books rolling out next year.


Polly Alice

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Mary's Song--my first praise song

I've finally accomplished a life long dream, and written my first praise song.  When I learn guitar, I can play it for you.  Jacob's Well, a great church in Kansas City, has amazing music written by their staff.  After singing one of the best praise songs ever about Luke 1:46-56, I was determined to try my hand at the same passage.  Really it's hard to mess up such a nice song.  Here it is...


Mary's Song

You're growing on me
You're growing in me,
and I'm so happy
so happy     (2x)

You, Oh Lord, 
remember me
and I'm so happy
so happy .    (2x)

And everyone to the end of time
will hear our story--
How you came down
in a seed of hope
to show your glory.  

And everyone to the end of time
can know your mercy--
How you hold out your
living water for the thirsty.

You're growing on me
You're growing in me,
and I'm so happy
so happy.     (2x)

You, Oh Lord,
remember me,
and I'm so happy
so happy.     (2x)

And everyone who is this place
can see your honor--
How you bring down
kings who abuse their power.

And everyone who is this place
can feel your glory--
How you hold out your
body's bread for the hungry.

You're growing on me
You're growing in me,
and I'm so happy.

1 comment:

  1. This is so Beautiful! What lovely praise for a lovely Sunday Morning!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments here.