"dazzle gradually"

"Dazzle Gradually" 2017 poems, paintings, new art & photography--a diary, a discipline, a delight. Read over my shoulder as I post my unedited poetry ---you can see it in the raw or get my first book and see how the work evolves with new books rolling out next year.


Polly Alice

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Mother's Day Rose Bush

Okay, 168 posts and I feel like I can never write another poem again.  I am completely dry of poetry. 
However, I'm panning for gold, and all dried up only means I may be getting to the good stuff any moment--though maybe not today.


Roses and mothers get along
Those two pink bushes you planted,
there in the corner under the Redbud tree,
are thriving in the half shade.
They battle ants, bugs, and draught--
they do well with soapy dishwater,
or baby powder, they
cannot live well in the wild,
they must be tended, loved,
pruned for show,
they do better the more
blossoms they share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here.