"dazzle gradually"

"Dazzle Gradually" 2017 poems, paintings, new art & photography--a diary, a discipline, a delight. Read over my shoulder as I post my unedited poetry ---you can see it in the raw or get my first book and see how the work evolves with new books rolling out next year.


Polly Alice

Friday, August 13, 2010

Pinch Pantoum

In the cold greenhouse, we pinch the buds.
My bucket is full of flowers. 
Why do they bloom when they are not ready,
too small to produce their rosy fruits? 

My bucket is full of flowers
I break the stems because they are
too small to produce their rosy fruits
Plants need rest enough to grow.

I break the stems because they are
blooming too early, little weaklings
Plants need rest enough to grow,
and with rest, they can support more
blooms than before.

Blooming too early, little weaklings
Stripped to their greens they're small
and with rest, they can support more
blooms than before.
In the cold greenhouse, we pinch the buds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here.