"dazzle gradually"

"Dazzle Gradually" 2017 poems, paintings, new art & photography--a diary, a discipline, a delight. Read over my shoulder as I post my unedited poetry ---you can see it in the raw or get my first book and see how the work evolves with new books rolling out next year.


Polly Alice

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Dear Louisa

Happy October to my gentle readers.  How sorry I am that the year is closing.  I feel like I just started my poem a day.  I still don't feel like I've gotten past the drivel to the great poems underneath yet.  I may have to do another year.  In honor of All Saints Day approaching, I think I will write to my favorite authors long gone...

Dear Louisa,
You know your like an older sister to me,
and the best I could ever ask for.
Whenever I miss you, I read some
of your stories while I soak
a pot of beans and then
I cook them to smithereens--
Boston style, with dark brown bread.
You were the one
who taught me how to get
by on imagination and a thread.
You let me know what
beauty looks like when it is
invisible.
If only you were here we
could have some together,

Love,
P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here.