"dazzle gradually"

"Dazzle Gradually" 2017 poems, paintings, new art & photography--a diary, a discipline, a delight. Read over my shoulder as I post my unedited poetry ---you can see it in the raw or get my first book and see how the work evolves with new books rolling out next year.


Polly Alice

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Paper House

The odd poem I worked on last time was about the "three sisters."  I better mention that phrase is comes from the Delaware Indian Tribe's description of how to grow maize, or corn, with beans and pumpkin.  I tried to link the idea with the Trinity to see how it worked. 
The poem below is based on my love for the sound of the fan running in the window during warm weather and a dream I had once.  I never sleep better or wake happier than when there's an open window with the fan blowing morning ideas into my window.

Paper House

My house is humming,
fans are running,
I think it will take flight--
lift silently its honeycomb walls
and float away into the night.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here.