"dazzle gradually"

"Dazzle Gradually" 2017 poems, paintings, new art & photography--a diary, a discipline, a delight. Read over my shoulder as I post my unedited poetry ---you can see it in the raw or get my first book and see how the work evolves with new books rolling out next year.


Polly Alice

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Unicorn

Sometimes it's like we've killed a unicorn--
I push the stroller up the root-knocked sidewalk the neighbors grumble to their dogs and look away
I slouch in the corner booth with the steak menu over my head so they won't recognize me
the mailbox is always empty though it goes out full at least once a month
my messages fly into space every day, but there's a force field which makes them invisible

Sometimes it's like we've killed a unicorn--
the house goes ablaze and everyone watches it go down, who comes to see it back up?
a pantry party is thrown for those with food, while we have ketchup
the grass grows weeds and mushy crops, where is all the fruit?

Sometimes it's like we've killed a unicorn
and we're just asking for a chance
to prove we're pure in heart.

Sometimes it's like we've killed a unicorn
and we're just want to prove
we've been innocent from the start.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here.