"dazzle gradually"

"Dazzle Gradually" 2017 poems, paintings, new art & photography--a diary, a discipline, a delight. Read over my shoulder as I post my unedited poetry ---you can see it in the raw or get my first book and see how the work evolves with new books rolling out next year.


Polly Alice

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Secret Recipe

I serve the angel hair pasta
layered in portabella and cream
with bruschetta caprese.  Their glee
shakes my "garden of eden" chandelier
like so much sprinkled cheese.
Noodles spin and twirl a dance
while children laugh, and no one cares
if the "artisan sour dough" came from Wal-mart
in the far back corner-- on the stale shelf--
where I rescued it for $1.09 from
two ladies thinking about day-old
powdered doughnuts.

1 comment:

  1. You're so fancy in your cooking! You inspire me SO much. I love the idea of you "rescuing bread" from two ladies. So very awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments here.