"dazzle gradually"

"Dazzle Gradually" 2017 poems, paintings, new art & photography--a diary, a discipline, a delight. Read over my shoulder as I post my unedited poetry ---you can see it in the raw or get my first book and see how the work evolves with new books rolling out next year.


Polly Alice

Monday, August 25, 2014

Blue Jasper Prairie




This is who I am
I am the air that cradles each tree
the cavernous jasper blue of the sky
I am the slice of pie between each spoke
of the wagon wheel. I am the space under
the dude ranch sign. I am the tickling
beard of each white cloud. I am the last note
of every bird’s song, the ever changing pane
between every limb on every barked branch
I am kinlight between every head of grain
I am the current under each gliding wing.
Yes, this is me. I am the quickinging blur
of the paved road. The silence after
the ending note.
This is me.
This is who I am.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here.