"dazzle gradually"

"Dazzle Gradually" 2017 poems, paintings, new art & photography--a diary, a discipline, a delight. Read over my shoulder as I post my unedited poetry ---you can see it in the raw or get my first book and see how the work evolves with new books rolling out next year.


Polly Alice

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Sedona Cantos 2008


Drink me--a curious label
to etch in glass. Do you
believe what labels say
Well I can learn five
impossible things
before breakfast
from what labels
do not. Sedona,
her red tumbler
peaks give me
vertigo as I sip
a curious drink
I believe there
must be words
for a very new
taste…pale ale
the afterthought
of green olives
the soft hint of 
rubber sole
sunbeam
motes
bubbles float
ever upward in
excelsior like Sedona
your peaks full of wonder


I feel a bit like a second grader when I create a poem with form, but it really satisfies the artist in me to shape a poem about the subject is speaks to.  Here is a tumbler shape in honor of the first time I ever tasted beer in Sedona, Arizona.  I didn't become a beer drinker, but I enjoyed that first taste more than the poem lets on-- just for it's novelty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here.