"dazzle gradually"

"Dazzle Gradually" 2016 poems, paintings, new art & photography--a diary, a discipline, a delight. Read over my shoulder as I post my unedited poetry ---you can see it in the raw.


Polly Alice

Friday, August 22, 2014

Sepia

Sepia 
(a poem by Mio, a mermaid)
I’m like a cuttlefish
I reflect I refract
an invisible-scuttle fish
I mirror everyone become
sand when they want sand
become shells to hide who I am
Perhaps I'll sway-- an anemone
Maybe pucker like parrot fish
or split in two a branching kelp
help... I've rooted here I'm stuck
lost in the forest of tridents
none of them mine I'm like a sea 
plume a feathered pen with no 
strength left to sign my  name
after everyone I've been
who can remember
after everyone I can't be
who cares
me a worthless cuttlefish
who has run out of camo
I will use my ink instead
to etch this web of truth and lie
I will write until I’ve bled it all
'til the whole ocean fills
with ink, and even our tears
will be Sepia.



Here is a rough sketch of a poem from the novel series I'm working on.  Poems help me get the idea for where the novel is going and what kind of characters are in my story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here.