"dazzle gradually"

"Dazzle Gradually" 2017 poems, paintings, new art & photography--a diary, a discipline, a delight. Read over my shoulder as I post my unedited poetry ---you can see it in the raw or get my first book and see how the work evolves with new books rolling out next year.


Polly Alice

Friday, September 12, 2014

Haiku Contest

The Kansas City Japan Festival is coming up. There's a sweet free ticket for the best haiku, thought I'd give it a try. Here are my entries on the themes given, I rearranged some lines from my old poems to fit the themes...


Jazz


Sweet melodies rise
over kitchen windows fly
to the wishing stars.


Grab that silver moon.
Poor its cream into our cup--
Jazz it up all night!

Cream in my coffee
makes Mama ready to sing
Blues, Jazz-- Loud, low...long.

No, Life is not noise.
Life is music, s w e e t  music.
Play its rhythm--Blue.

   

1 comment:

  1. I love the jazz Haiku that won the contest. And as the Mama, the cream in my coffee does make me ready to sing...the blues sometimes. When I see you next, we'll have coffee and cream and I'll sing the blues to celebrate your winning the contest.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments here.