"dazzle gradually"

"Dazzle Gradually" 2017 poems, paintings, new art & photography--a diary, a discipline, a delight. Read over my shoulder as I post my unedited poetry ---you can see it in the raw or get my first book and see how the work evolves with new books rolling out next year.


Polly Alice

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Invisible Lines

The black birds-- starlings most likely
because there are so many, and they sing
instead of call-- move in such a way, swirls
of flight, landing, and re-landing, the tip
of the conductor's wand carves a blind path
their wings so many sharp quills of invisible ink
Their traceless flight proves that if I could
see the wind, it would swirl and coil
like a snake in water. What is that place
in-between feathers, a kingdom
I, wingless, will never visit this side of
dreaming? No I will dig in the dirt and
cheer shoots of winter strawberries racing
towards the porch, hens 'n chicks with stead-
fast succulent hearts waiting out winter's breath,
a hollyhock leaf peeping out into the rare
December sun. I will tend my winter garden
and leave the winter sky for the birds
to dig up. We each have somewhere to
love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here.