"dazzle gradually"

"Dazzle Gradually" 2016 poems, paintings, new art & photography--a diary, a discipline, a delight. Read over my shoulder as I post my unedited poetry ---you can see it in the raw.


Polly Alice

Monday, January 5, 2015

Clack

On winter nights around half past ten
the clocks begin to sing their chorus
of clacks. Why so silent all day and
then so boisterous at night, like
a dog that never stops yapping?
And why do the clocks click every
second even without a second hand?
How do they do that? What do clocks
say to one another at night? What
do they talk about? And why
do they speed up every year circling
the holidays like ever nearing vultures
making my head spin. Didn't I just
put these decorations away last week, or
was it last year? Clocks, those
clackers. Gotta love them, even
if they snore at night like my
great Uncle, they are there for
for you every minute of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here.