"dazzle gradually"

"Dazzle Gradually" 2017 poems, paintings, new art & photography--a diary, a discipline, a delight. Read over my shoulder as I post my unedited poetry ---you can see it in the raw or get my first book and see how the work evolves with new books rolling out next year.


Polly Alice

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Dear Humpty Dumpty

In honor of very nearly finishing my Humpty Dumpty Picture book after almost eight months and a million revisions of sweat and tears, I reposting this poem I found on my own blog from August 2010. Yes sometimes you have no idea what you've written without a search engine.

Dear Humpty Dumpty,
I hear the new style is all in
red velvet cushions for hats
this year.  As you are my 
best egg customer, I've taken 
the liberty of ordering for you
one for each end. They should 
come in next wednesday, I'll 
send the king's horses 
to deliver them.

Signed,
Mad Hatter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here.