"dazzle gradually"

"Dazzle Gradually" 2017 poems, paintings, new art & photography--a diary, a discipline, a delight. Read over my shoulder as I post my unedited poetry ---you can see it in the raw or get my first book and see how the work evolves with new books rolling out next year.


Polly Alice

Friday, February 27, 2015

Guest Blogger- "All the King's Men"

Meet my guest blogger. My art student, high school junior, Brooke Bowlin, wrote the following poem after Dorothy Parker's Star Light, Star Bright (1883-1967).

"All the King's Men"

Humanity is fragile.
We fall and we break,
Skin scarred with our cracks
Counting every mistake.

No man can heal another,
It's the blind leading the blind.
I can't fix your pieces
And you can't fix mine.

No man of the King,
Not even His best,
Can ever come close
To saving the rest.

Salvation comes from the King alone--
His overwhelming love
That heals from the throne.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here.