"dazzle gradually"

"Dazzle Gradually" 2017 poems, paintings, new art & photography--a diary, a discipline, a delight. Read over my shoulder as I post my unedited poetry ---you can see it in the raw or get my first book and see how the work evolves with new books rolling out next year.


Polly Alice

Saturday, May 23, 2015

The Doe

The moon waxes
outside the movie theater
couples stroll to their
cars. A pair of bats
hover over the AMC.
They chirp and swoop
for moths caught by
the buttery light.
Roses flash in
the headlights
of turning cars.
In the back of
David's Bridal,
now dark,
there is a side lot
in front of an empty
field. There under
the street light,
a small doe-- still
behind the tall grass.
Her white tail
a comma,
her ears glow
pink. She's
made it through
winter, escaped
every hunter.
We stare at
each other for
a long time.
The stars smell
like summer.
I wonder
what she will
do next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here.