"dazzle gradually"

"Dazzle Gradually" 2016 poems, paintings, new art & photography--a diary, a discipline, a delight. Read over my shoulder as I post my unedited poetry ---you can see it in the raw.


Polly Alice

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Fickle

Two sun rings
twenty four moons
since that time
you had a headache
I stroked your head
and said everything
is going to be alright
you said that for
a moment you felt
like I really did care--
that's when I knew
you were delierious
because I'd cared
every minute
eight scores of
months, how many
hours of hand written
notes, poems penned on
red autumn leaves,
gold buttons tied
with string, nosegay
yes little flowers,
scrabble cookies,
pumpkin pies,
three children
10 moves, five cars,
five degrees, four
thousand seven hundred
and forty-five dinners,
and how many cuffs
repaired on boring
brown kakis?
Too many to count.
Sure the headache
went away, but
you followed it.
And I free,
am happy except
when the full
moon loses her
chin and wobbles
a bit in the sky
and I wonder
if she get's headaches
holding the sky
up and suffering
from accusations
of her inconstancy
when really it
is only the light
of the sun which
casts a fickle
light when the
earth turns his
back endlessly
indecisive about
which way
to face.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here.