"dazzle gradually"

"Dazzle Gradually" 2017 poems, paintings, new art & photography--a diary, a discipline, a delight. Read over my shoulder as I post my unedited poetry ---you can see it in the raw or get my first book and see how the work evolves with new books rolling out next year.


Polly Alice

Saturday, July 11, 2015

First Kiss

The first kiss is always
one of the best. You're surrounded
by fireflies, and honeysuckle vines
nothing could be more romantic.
But honey, maybe you should
open your eyes and wonder
why you are standing in the dark.
It's cold and you weren't
offered a jacket. You're a tiny
bit thirsty and you weren't
offered a drink. You are hungry
and you weren't offered dinner.
If you open your eyes, you'll see
that police car drives by because
visitors aren't allowed in the park
after dark. And that leads me
to ask you one question.
What's with that big kisser
who is always trying to get
you alone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here.