"dazzle gradually"

"Dazzle Gradually" 2017 poems, paintings, new art & photography--a diary, a discipline, a delight. Read over my shoulder as I post my unedited poetry ---you can see it in the raw or get my first book and see how the work evolves with new books rolling out next year.


Polly Alice

Monday, August 24, 2015

KC Japan Festival Haiku Contest!

 My Tumblr Blog

It's time to enter the KC Japan Festival Haiku Contest of 2015! Last year I won third place. Here are my submissions. I had so much fun.  I take my favorite poems and condense them into haiku.  I think this is the only way to make the haiku thick enough, if you know what I mean. And I love the result. Who says you can't say something in 17 syllables.


KC samurai Spirit

I'm the cavernous
jasper blue of summer sky
the quickening blur


KC Arts

Shell colored satin
as we sit on red velvet
like tea for cold hearts


KC Blues

Gutters drip rainbows
manholes tell you everything
So sing, Sugar, Sing.


KC BBQ
Barbecue showdown
win the hearts of those you love
a taste to call home


KC Sports

Let's paint the whole town.
Oh, I love Kansas City!
Red, white, Royal blue!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here.