"dazzle gradually"

"Dazzle Gradually" 2017 poems, paintings, new art & photography--a diary, a discipline, a delight. Read over my shoulder as I post my unedited poetry ---you can see it in the raw or get my first book and see how the work evolves with new books rolling out next year.


Polly Alice

Saturday, October 3, 2015

Love Stamp

This weekend, I enjoyed my first art opening in a decade. I love to play with word and image. I'd like to think I just brilliantly think of metaphors, but I don't. I simply am drawn to an image and then over time I notice the idioms, the parallels and finally the metaphor-- the layers of a symbol that seemed to choose me ---rather than the other way around. One of the best ways to think about a symbol is to paint it. The other way I love, of course, is poetry. Here in my blog I hammer out a rough version. Then later I revise them, after they have a chance to sit and age awhile.

Love Stamp

I'm torn
out of a book of squares
just like me
I'm licked
beaten
pressed down
thrown into
a cavernous hole
shaken
alone

I'm lifted out
by hands with wings
I'm signed
sealed
specially delivered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here.