"dazzle gradually"

"Dazzle Gradually" 2017 poems, paintings, new art & photography--a diary, a discipline, a delight. Read over my shoulder as I post my unedited poetry ---you can see it in the raw or get my first book and see how the work evolves with new books rolling out next year.


Polly Alice

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Dark House

Dark House

dark house
dark forest
dark gate
dark table



I had this weird nightmare dream that ended in a poem. And suddenly I had this feeling the same poem had been at the end of my dream the day before too. Creepy. Super creepy. But when I picture a dark house in a forest with a gate and a nice polished table, it seems to only speak to me of quiet and solitude. So it could be not creepy. But then again when it's at the end of a nightmare, doesn't bode well for the poem.  Also poetry written in your sleep might seem great early in the morning. But later in the day, it just seems stupid.  Lesson: write poetry when you are awake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here.