"dazzle gradually"

"Dazzle Gradually" 2016 poems, paintings, new art & photography--a diary, a discipline, a delight. Read over my shoulder as I post my unedited poetry ---you can see it in the raw.


Polly Alice

Sunday, January 1, 2017

2017

2017
I don't have anything to say to you
despite the wide open
garage doors--
the cherry red car
parked in the starlight,
the frost shushing me
from the Christmas bow
on the white front porch
I don't have much hope for you
You might be a cow pie
2017
You  might be a bird
I don't know
and I'm not sure I care
tomorrow is another day
just like today, what does
one number change?
One integer in one
direction north?
I wish I had flowery praise.
I wish I had a blessing,
to make you great, to make
you whole, to make you
mine. Mind your
manners 2017 is all
I can say. Let the hungry
be satisfied, let the lame
walk, let us hold hands
in peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments here.